Energy Efficiency – Get Green Savings
Valley Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. recognizes that our environment matters, so we offer a variety of ideas to save energy and resources while you cut heating and cooling costs in your home. It’s a great way to be good to the environment and your wallet. We recommend Energy Star products. View Energy Star’s “Guide to Energy-Efficient Heating & Cooling” (PDF).
- 10-year-old furnaces are likely to be only 70 to 80% efficient.
- That means 20 to 30 cents of every energy dollar is being wasted.
- Today’s furnaces are 95% efficient.
- Call us today to find out how you can save hundreds of dollars annually with a high-efficiency furnace.
Regular Cleanings and Safety Inspections
- A typical home air conditioning system that’s low on refrigerant by 1/2 pound will lose 25% in efficiency and increase its electricity use.
- Leaks in AC systems allow greenhouse gases to escape into the air and reduce your system’s efficiency.
- Our Valley Comfort Club Maintenance Plan offers annual cleanings, precision tune-ups, and safety inspections to help your home become as energy efficient and safe as possible
- You’ll save money on service calls and parts while ensuring optimal efficiency from all of your heating and cooling systems.
- New, tankless water heating systems heat water on demand instead of continually heating as with a traditional tank system.
- You’ll enjoy more significant energy efficiency (save up to 40% on energy costs) and reduce your home’s energy footprint.
- Tankless units last two to three times longer than traditional water heaters, creating less metal and glass that must be recycled or placed in a landfill.
- These water heaters meet the qualifications for Energy Star Listings.
- They have a 50-gallon capacity.
- They have more than twice the energy efficiency of standard electric storage water heaters.
Variable Speed Blowers
- New variable-speed blowers use one-sixth the energy of older blowers when connected to your forced-air system.
- If you run the fan all year for circulation, you could save up to $230 in electricity costs – and cut consumption – on blower operation alone.
- You’ll benefit from energy savings combined with improved comfort and convenience.
- Stop wasting energy and dollars when you are away from home or during sleeping hours.
- With proper use, typical savings on heating/cooling costs average 10% per year.†
- More environmentally friendly than traditional thermostats, because they contain no mercury and are eco-friendly
† U.S. Department of Energy calculations
Advanced Technology and Efficiency for Commercial Use
You can get 30% energy efficiency savings in offices up to 20,000 feet with new HVAC systems. Call us about the latest technology for your particular needs.